- 1 broccoli, cut into half bite sized chunks
- Carrots, cut into 1/4″ x 2″ strips
- 1 pound boned beef top sirloin, fat trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salad oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1. Prepare vegatables you are looking for roughly 1:1 veggie/meat by
weight, skewed which every direction you prefer. Blanch the veggies. Or
just skip them altogether.
2. Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut across the grain into 1/16- to
1/8-inch-thick slices, then cut slices into bite-size pieces.
3. Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high
heat. When oil is hot, add bell pepper and stir just until tender-crisp
to bite, about 3 minutes. Pour from pan into a bowl.
4. Add beef to pan and stir just until no longer pink, about 2
minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to bowl with pepper.
5. To meat juices in pan, add lime juice, honey, hoisin sauce, soy
sauce, ginger, and chili flakes. Boil over high heat, stirring often,
until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour beef and
bell pepper back into pan and stir until hot, about 30 seconds.
6. Spoon beef stir-fry onto plates and sprinkle with cilantro.