- 1 pound skinless/boneless chicken breast in 1 in. pieces
- 1 pound andouille sausage, 1 in. pieces
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled/deveined
- 16 oz. frozen okra
- 2 cups rice
1. In a slow cooker, mix everything but okra and shrimp and cover.
2. Cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High.
3. Stir in okra during last hour of cook time. Stir in the shrimp
during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
4. Serve with crusty baget bread.
Leave a Reply