- 8 cups rice crispies
- 20 oz marshmallows
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Prepare a 9″x9″ pan. Butter will work, but a parchment sling coated with butter will make removal even easier.
- Melt butter over low in a pan that will be large enough to eventually add the rice crispies. A wok or a large metal mixing bowl may be ideal.
- Let butter cool to 140°F.
- Melt marshmallows into butter. This may require placing back on heat, but try to keep temperature around 140°F. Lower temperatures help prevent the treats being tough.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add rice crispies.
- Move mixture into 9″x9″ pan, and allow to cool.
June 10, 2021 at 11:39 pm
8 cups RC is about 8oz by weight