- 2 whole lemons, zested & squeezed
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Add 3/4 of the lemon juice to the milk, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add soured milk and vanilla, stirring gently, until partly combined.
- Add eggs and melted butter.
- All lemon zest.
- Adjust with milk or flour to desired consistency.
- Cook like normal pancakes 1/4-1/2 cup at a time.
This originally was a Pioneer Woman recipe. What I particularly liked about it was combining buttermilk pancakes with lemon pancakes by using the common substitute of souring milk with lemon juice to replace butter milk.
Leave a Reply