Original source: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-1947457
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 tbsp (one stick) unsalted butter
- 5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell’s cheddar cheese soup (or equivalent brand).
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. You definitely want it to be on the firm side. Drain.
- In crock pot, combine sour cream, cheddar soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper, mix. Add cheese, butter, and the drained macaroni and stir again.
- At this point it can be refrigerated until 3 hours before it should be served.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.