- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 jalapeños (de-seeded & diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 lbs chorizo
- 2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeños, cook 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the chorizo and cook 6-8 minutes. Drain any grease from the chorizo with a mesh strainer.
- Place in a large slow cooker. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn kernels, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Stir everything together. Set to low and cook for 7-9 hours, or set to high and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Add toppings .