From everyday food
– 2 tbsp oil
– 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (40-48 oz)
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 tsp freshly ground cumin
– 3 tbsp jamaican curry powder
– 1/2 tsp dried thyme
– 4 carrots, thinly sliced
– 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk.
– 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt/pepper. Brown in 2+ batches, 3-4 mins a side. Move chicken to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, cumin curry, thyme, and 1/2 cup water. Cook until onion is soft, stirring frequently.
Add carrots and coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, chicken and juices. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover partially and cook until chicken is done (160) and carrots are soft, about 10 minutes.
Stir in peas and serve over rice.