From Everyday Food.
NOTE: probably should cut in half.
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only
– 12 cups, chicken broth
– 4 slices bacon, cross cut
– 2.5 cups arborio rice
– 1 cup dry white wine
– 3/4 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, (plus more to serve)
- Halve leeks lengthwise, rinse thoroughly. Pat dry, slice thinly.
- In a sauce pan, bring broth to a simmer.
- In a large dutch oven, cook bacon, until lightly browned, but not crisp. Add leeks, cook until softened. Increase heat to med-high. Add rice, and cook untril translucent around edges.
- Add wine and stir until absorbed. Add 1 cup broth, reduce heat to medium, and stir until absorbed. Repeat until rice is al-dente and creamy.
- Stir in peas.
- Remove from heat, stir in parmesan, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.