– 1c sugar
– 1/2c brown sugar
– 1/2c (1 stick) butter (preferably unsalted)
– 1/2c milk
– 1/2c heavy cream
– 1/2c light corn syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla
– kosher salt or something flaky or chunky to top
1. Butter a 6×9 baking dish.
1. Mix all but vanilla in a 3qt or larger pan. NOTE: This will foam up a lot more than you might expect, so be generous in pan size.
1. Heat on medium heat until everything is melted together, approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
1. Continue to cook until temperature is 245f to 250f, approximately 25 minutes.
1. Poor into baking dish. Sprinkle salt on top (optional).
1. Cool on counter until room temperature.
1. Place in refrigerator 1 hour.
1. Extract from dish and cut into bite size pieces.
Leave a Reply